If we collect your details it is to keep you informed about marketing content including news about, events, new products, recipes and promotions. Your details are securely stored by our database service provider, Neos Systems Ltd and are only made available to Harrington’s and its marketing and communications agencies; however, your email address will not be made available to anyone without your express permission. You are welcome to update your email preferences by contacting us at email@example.com or to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications from us. We will endeavour to action your request within two working days. Write to us at 9-11 Tauhinu Rd, Mirimar, Wellington or send us an email.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (https://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information we collect
Harrington’s operates the following websites https://harringtonsmallgoods.co.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our site:
- Personally Identifiable Information: this is provided by you (or someone authorised by you or your organisation) when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data: this information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as our marketing agency or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
We only share your information with third parties if we have received your permission (usually at the time of collection).
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
- Track traffic patterns to our site
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
What about third-party cookies?
Third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads on the internet based on someone’s past visits to our website. Personally identifiable information is not stored by us or any third-parties.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our services.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. You can email or mail us at 9-11 Tauhinu Rd, Mirimar, Wellington to learn what information we hold.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Enable us to deliver orders
- From time to time send you information promotions, new products and other information that keeps you up to date about Harrington’s Smallgoods products and services
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter you contact details, we’ll be unable to deliver products and keep you informed about new products and promotions.
When you create an account or purchase our products, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, and similar information (“Billing Information”). All transactions are processed by our third-party payment vendors:
- Stripe Inc.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (04) 3806437